Monday, May 3, 2010

ggm

Hurray for GGM.
My mind is scattered to about fifty different corners of the world right now. What an awful week. I can't do this in an orderly fashion, apologies.
The act of relentless letter-writing is also present in his novel Love In The Time of Cholera. There's a whorehouse there, too, and I feel there must be one in memories fo My Melancholy Whores as well, which I've yet to read.
Dreams. Interpretation of dreams. The subconscious tied the mystical in a superstitious culture. Animation of lifeless things- such as the kitchen breathing on page 9.

"Sacrificial tools" used to kill Santiago. Same instruments used to kill pigs. Santiago expresses a desire not see animal deaths early in the narratie, when rabbit entrails are torn out and thrown to the dogs.

Narrator is collecting accounts, sort of like a journalist.

p.82 folk remedies

No comments:

Post a Comment